Ottawa String Trimmer Maintenance and Repair
To optimise the life and reliability of your String Trimmer, it’s important to service it regularly. Here are a few points that will help you bring order to your machine maintenance.
Mobile Vehicle Service Ottawa String Trimmer Tune Up $79.99 plus tax (all inclusive)
- Check the starter, the starter cord and the return spring.
- Make sure that the vibration damping elements are not damaged.
- Clean the outside of the spark plug. Remove and check the electrode gap. Adjust the gap to 0.5 mm or change the spark plug.
- Clean the cooling fins on the flywheel.
- Clean or replace the muffler’s spark arrest screen (not on mufflers with a catalytic converter).
- Clean the carburetor area
- Clean the cooling fins on the cylinder and check that the air intake in the starter unit is not blocked.
- Check that the angel gear is 3/4 filled with grease. Fill if necessary using special grease.
- Clean the fuel tank.
- Clean the fan and the area around it.
- Check the fuel filter and the fuel pipe, replace if necessary.
- Check all cables and connections.
- Check the clutch, clutch springs and the clutch drum with regard to wear. Replace if necessary.
- Mobile Fee
- Shop Supply Fee
Should the trimmer not start and the machine requires a carburetor cleaning, the cost of the service increases by $40.